Law Offices of Elaine Lee
2340 Powell St - Ste 160
Emeryville, CA 94608
Phone: (510) 848-9528
Fax: (510) 848-9460
Areas of practice: Real Estate, Estate Planning, Estate Administration
- Real Estate : I primarily work with property owners and/or tenants to resolve problems and conflicts regarding residential and commercial property via mediation and/or litigation. I am also a real estate investor who has successfully acquired, developed and managed commercial and residential real estate for the past 32 years.
- Comprehensive Estate Planning: I assist clients with all aspects of estate planning with the goal of ensuring the orderly and efficient management and transfer of property during life, upon incapacity and at death. I partner with my clients to analyze and implement strategies to minimize estate and gift taxes, property taxes, and other expenses, while keeping in mind the personal and family issues that accompany such planning.
My estate planning services include:
- Wills and revocable trusts
- Planning for incapacity with durable powers of attorney and advance health care directives
- Special needs trusts (including pet care trusts)
Estate Administration - including but not limited to:
- Probate - representation of personal representatives (administrator, executor, or special administrator) in the administration of an estate,
- Small estates - (administration of estates under $100,000.00),
- Heir/beneficiary entitlements including petitions to determine heirship or to preserve a beneficiary’s interests in an estate/trust,
- Spousal property petitions - transfer of community or quasi community property interests from the decedent to the surviving spouse, and
- Affidavit of death of joint tenant or trustee.
I have been a licensed attorney for over 30 years. I am a graduate of Western Michigan University and University of Denver School of Law. I have been a solo practitioner since 1992. Prior to that I was executive director of a family law center, an adjunct professor at New College of California, School of Law in San Francisco and an Arbitrator at the San Francisco Rent Stabilization Board.
About My Approach
As your attorney, I will work with you in partnership, listening to your concerns and answering your questions. I understand that sometimes the law can be intimidating, especially if you are facing legal challenges for the first time. I will take the time to help you understand the judicial process, making sure you are aware of your options and are kept informed about the progress of your case. In my law practice, I take a comprehensive approach to your legal concerns. Before I help you determine the appropriate course of action, I'll make sure that I understand your complete circumstances.
I will carefully examine all of the factors leading to your current situation and I will work hard to understand and help you achieve your ultimate goals. By taking the time to truly understand my clients and their needs, I am able to find creative, effective legal solutions for a variety of legal matters. I help people maneuver through legal mazes so they come out safe and sane.
At the Law Offices of Elaine Lee, I strive to deliver cost-effective legal services while maintaining a client-driven perspective throughout our work together.
Feel free to contact me through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 510.848.9528 to discuss your legal concerns.
Onward and upward,
State Bar License #13988
- Elaine Lee is terrific! She represented me in a landlord-tenant dispute. I felt confident the entire time due to her knowledge and professionalism She is a great communicator and has the ability to follow through. She went the "extra mile" to get results.Well done Elaine! Nancy Durmas, Alameda, CA
- Thanks to Elaine Lee for the many words of encouragement, advice, blessings and positive vibrations. Leonard Casanares, Oakland, CA
- Thank you for helping us during this tough time. With much apprecication. Walter Brown, Walnut Creek, CA